Forum Archive

Forum

General Discussion: Uninstall

Most Recent

written by: catoro

Guys for the uninstall question, I've been using a really good application called appcleanerAppCleaner
It is free and very good...

Cheers and merry xmas to all eigenharpists.

Carlos

written by: scanner

Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:19:45 +0000 GMT

Hello

I just tried experimenting with the Pico on another laptop but now need to remove the software but can't locate where everything is installed. There doesn't seem to be an uninstall option on the USB stick and searching for files seems impossible. I've no idea where 223 MB of Python might be hiding on the drive, nor 458 MB of Alchemy, 3.46 GB of Soundfonts, etc. Searching for them in Spotlight brings up nothing.

Any tips please on how to clean up this drive?

Thanks a lot!

Best wishes

Robin / Scanner

written by: geert

Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:45:22 +0000 GMT

Hi Robin,

I found that the entire install is located under the /usr/pi directory. Use the Finder's "Go to Folder..." item in the "Go" menu and type in "/usr". You can then select the "pi" directory in the Finder window and delete it. The Applications directory contains the obvious Eigen* items. This should remove most of the data. To remove the user data that was created by EigenD, go to Library in the user's home directory and remove the Eigenlabs directory.

Hope this helps,

Geert

written by: scanner

Mon, 21 Dec 2009 21:52:05 +0000 GMT

Thanks, that was very helpful :-)

Wed, 23 Dec 2009 08:50:03 +0000 GMT

Geert have you tried to use the Pi folder samples inside Ableton Live? I haven´t been able to and there are really cool samples that one can use... any ideas?

best.

Carlos

Wed, 23 Dec 2009 08:51:10 +0000 GMT

Hi Carlos,

Are you talking about the soundfonts or the loops?

Geert

Wed, 23 Dec 2009 11:01:39 +0000 GMT

Hey Geert, I´m interested in the loops... I can get them easy with an alias, but I was wondering if I can just point one of my search directories to the PI folder..

Carlos

Wed, 23 Dec 2009 11:12:11 +0000 GMT

Hi Carlos,

I'm sorry, I don't really know Ableton Live so I can't help you with that particular issue.

Take care,

Geert

written by: fzzzy

Wed, 23 Dec 2009 16:09:06 +0000 GMT

Looks like you can't browse to the /usr folder from the Live browser, presumably because it's a system folder. The alias trick works though. Thanks a lot! I wanted to use the loops in Live too.

Thu, 24 Dec 2009 12:28:01 +0000 GMT

Guys for the uninstall question, I've been using a really good application called appcleanerAppCleaner
It is free and very good...

Cheers and merry xmas to all eigenharpists.

Carlos

Please log in to join the discussions