Forum Archive

Forum

Software: Snow Leopard

Most Recent

written by: fzzzy

Are you absolutely sure you are using 1.09? If you have an older version in your dock, you have to remove it and add the newer version to the dock since each version of eigend gets installed separately from older versions.

Also, if you are sure you are using 1.09, you might want to try using the factory setup and see if the problem is fixed -- sometimes the bugfixes are in the setup, and if you are using a setup created with an older version perhaps the bugfix wasn't applied to your setup correctly when it was upgraded the first time you loaded it into the new version of eigend.

written by: mzappile

Tue, 1 Dec 2009 18:14:56 +0000 GMT

Hello everyone,

Just got my Pico, and thought i saw a thread here about issues with the Pico just disconnecting suddenly under snow leopard. Anyone still having this problem?

-Matt Z

written by: john

Tue, 1 Dec 2009 18:40:58 +0000 GMT

Hi Matt

This evenings release (1.0.6) should fix that, it was a known bug on Snow Leopard and we believe its is now fixed. The release should be up in an hour or so, there'll be a little green arrow pop up next to your Eigenlabs icon in the toolbar, click on that.

John

Tue, 1 Dec 2009 19:03:15 +0000 GMT

Thanks John, Man you guys are on top of this stuff! Very excited for the future of the eigenharp

written by: Lowdene

Wed, 2 Dec 2009 12:42:27 +0000 GMT

I left the Eigenharp connected overnight and have occasionally picked it up to play this morning - it is still connected and plays immediately. This is a big improvement in stability (in 10.6) - it would not have done this in previous versions of Eigen D. Well done!
Nick

Wed, 2 Dec 2009 15:18:08 +0000 GMT

I'm still having issues (after the 1.0.6 update) with the soundfont position in which the Grand Piano is the default.
When I try to play notes, sometimes they just won't play. All of the other instruments work however.
It seems to be random when it happens.

Restarting EigenD will make it work again with Grand Piano for some time, after a while it starts dropping notes again. The other soundfont positions ( Synth and Bass) seem to work fine.

-Matt Z

written by: geert

Wed, 2 Dec 2009 15:21:56 +0000 GMT

Hi Matt, I noticed the exact same thing since the latest version. Never had this problem before ... but then again, I was never able to run EigenD long enough before either ;-)

written by: john

Wed, 2 Dec 2009 15:33:23 +0000 GMT

Hi Matt

We have a logged bug for this and are looking at it right now. We think its the fact that the breath pipe is connected to the sustain on the piano and is sticking on at a very low level, leaving a great many notes hanging and running the Piano out of notes over time. We're not yet sure quite why this is, if it's a software error or just that we have set the threshold for activating sustain on the breath pipe too low. We'll keep you posted. Geert has made a bug report about this, which is really helpful, could you use the bug reporter as well, next time it happens to you? We get a load of useful information from this when you do..

John

Wed, 2 Dec 2009 15:38:09 +0000 GMT

Haha, yeah, I kind of expected this, being an early adopter of something new. But these guys at Eigenlabs are listening, and I can't help but feel that we are all part of something very exciting (regardless of bugs this early in the game)

written by: Lowdene

Wed, 2 Dec 2009 17:37:50 +0000 GMT

I have had very occasional notes missing when using the East-West Play AU sampler. One time they play; another time they don't. May be an unrelated issue but I'll send bug report next time it happens (if it does!).
Nick

written by: catoro

Thu, 3 Dec 2009 08:21:09 +0000 GMT

I also noticed a similar behaviour with another AU that I´ve assigned in the third position (the one that comes with the piano by default).

With the piano, no matter what, the sound is lost after some minutes and never returns.

I´ll try to reproduce the problem and send a bug report as soon as I can.

Carlos

written by: dvince

Sun, 6 Dec 2009 21:23:40 +0000 GMT

I have the same problem of disappearing notes since the 1.0.6 update, but not only in the piano soundfont player, but also with the bass soundfont player. My computer runs Leopard (not Snow Leo). After a few minutes of playing, keys become randomly silent, then all keys are mute.
I went back to the previous 10.0.4 release since it doesn't have this issue.
Vincent

written by: laurence

Mon, 7 Dec 2009 09:47:26 +0000 GMT

I'm having the same problem with bass and piano after upgrading to 1.06 , I didnt get this with 1.04 so I'll revert to that

Laurence

written by: aaronw

Mon, 7 Dec 2009 15:18:08 +0000 GMT

HI Vincent / Laurence,

This is a known issue in 1.0.6 and we are getting a new release out as soon as possible.

Regards

Aaron
Customer Service

written by: chad

Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:31:14 +0000 GMT

Aaron - Is the software schedule still on the two week cycle with Thursday releases?

written by: sam

Mon, 21 Dec 2009 18:57:56 +0000 GMT

Hi all,

There is a 1.0.9 software update available here - 1.0.9 release

This should solve the missing notes problems you were experiencing. Do let us know if you find any more problems.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

written by: Tones2

Tue, 29 Dec 2009 21:34:58 +0000 GMT

sam said:
Hi all,

There is a 1.0.9 software update available here - 1.0.9 release

This should solve the missing notes problems you were experiencing. Do let us know if you find any more problems.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

Have people found that version 1.09 has solved this issue? I am running version 1.09 and I am still experiencing the dropped notes after playing for about 30 minutes or so.

Tony

written by: fzzzy

Wed, 30 Dec 2009 00:18:13 +0000 GMT

I haven't had the disappearing notes problem since I upgraded to 1.09, fwiw.

Wed, 30 Dec 2009 01:20:11 +0000 GMT

fzzzy said:
I haven't had the disappearing notes problem since I upgraded to 1.09, fwiw.

I'm definitely using 1.09 and still get it. If Eigenlabs thinks they fixed the problem, I wonder why it wasn't in the 1.09 release notes?

Tony

written by: geert

Wed, 30 Dec 2009 18:44:35 +0000 GMT

Tony, I think it was actually fixed in the 1.0.8 release, which 1.0.9 quickly followed up on due to and excessive CPU load problem. If you read the release notes of 1.0.8 you can see issue "#2063: Sampler instruments stop working" as being fixed:
http://www.eigenlabs.com/get/downloads/ReleaseNotes_1.0.8.pdf

Of course, if it hasn't been fixed for you, you're maybe hitting a different variety of this bug. It's a good idea to send Eigenlabs a bug report using the EigenD built-in reporter tool since that gives them detailed information about what's happening on your computer.

Best regards,

Geert

Wed, 30 Dec 2009 19:27:43 +0000 GMT

Thanks.

I did send a bug report. Hopefully this is still a software issue and not something wrong on my actual Pico hardware, since I'm in the USA and it would be a pain to send back. If it is a software issue still, I'm not sure why others are not experiencing it since I get it with simply playing nothing but the Piano sampler 3 patch (as supplied) for 30 minutes or so, and it happens EVERY single time I play without exception. I don't think I'm doing anything different - I'm not even using the breath controller or strip controller. :( I occasionally accidentally hit the scroll keys a lot is probably the only thing out of the ordinary.

Is anyone else STILL experiencing this with version 1.09?

Tony

Please log in to join the discussions