Forum Archive

Forum

Software: Latency settings

Most Recent

written by: geert

Thanks John!

Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:35:59 +0000 GMT

It seems to me that there should be some way to setup the latency of EigenD. Depending on what Audio Units you're using it can be important to be able to opt for a larger buffer size to be able to do more complex things. I had problems today when playing drum loops, and using Trilian on the scheduler while playing with a patch in Omnisphere. I regularly had audio artifacts that are usually associated to a buffer that's too small for the amount of processing that is going on.

Any plans of adding that?

Thanks,

Geert

written by: john

Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:32:24 +0000 GMT

Hi Geert

This is already on our feature wishlist. It's compiled in at the moment, which is a bit stupid. We are really serious about low latency here at Eigenlabs (I personally really really hate latencies when they start to get over 10ms - its what makes me dislike MIDI guitars as a general rule) and it never really occurred to us that people might want to turn it up (it should be less then 7ms, keypress to noise on a properly configured EigenD system), though you have an excellent point in that it does increase polyphony a lot when using some AU's, and that is a tradeoff that players should be able to make themselves rather than the dictates of our software. We'll try to get it in a soon as we can.

John

Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:36:30 +0000 GMT

Thanks John!

Please log in to join the discussions