Forum Archive

Forum

Software: Download speed

Most Recent

written by: john

We have now changed the way our downloads work so that our cloud/CDN provider is handling them for us, so you should not experience any more problems. We still have no idea quite why, once in a while, people experienced very slow downloads as the servers are on a very high bandwidth backbone, supported by all the usual replication and load balancing malarkey. But every now and then it did happen. I personally experienced download speeds around 10kB a second at one point, and 500kB/sec an hour later. The new structure should make all that go away, please let us know if any of you experience further problems.

John

written by: Lowdene

Fri, 20 Nov 2009 23:28:43 +0000 GMT

Hi

The download speed form your site is incredibly slow. I've downloaded the the 1.0.1 and 1.0.3 updates in the last couple of days. They are only 40 odd Mb but they are taking several hours!

written by: steveelbows

Sat, 21 Nov 2009 01:26:32 +0000 GMT

I havent had this problem, download speeds have been fine for me.

written by: Lowdene

Sat, 21 Nov 2009 06:55:51 +0000 GMT

I've done three downloads, one was normal speed, the others were painstakingly slow. It's not consistent.

written by: aaronw

Sat, 21 Nov 2009 12:09:00 +0000 GMT

Hi Lowdene,

Thanks for making us aware of this, I will make sure the website team look at this on Monday and come back to you with an answer.

Cheers

Aaron
Customer Support

written by: john

Sat, 21 Nov 2009 15:59:39 +0000 GMT

We have now changed the way our downloads work so that our cloud/CDN provider is handling them for us, so you should not experience any more problems. We still have no idea quite why, once in a while, people experienced very slow downloads as the servers are on a very high bandwidth backbone, supported by all the usual replication and load balancing malarkey. But every now and then it did happen. I personally experienced download speeds around 10kB a second at one point, and 500kB/sec an hour later. The new structure should make all that go away, please let us know if any of you experience further problems.

John

Please log in to join the discussions