Forum Archive

Forum

Software: Audio Unit instruments idle/active

Most Recent

written by: geert

Thanks a lot John, it works perfectly now. I love how I'm able to use Omnisphere with the Pico. It's so expressive, at last all those awesome sounds come to life! :-)

Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:00:06 +0000 GMT

Hi,

I set up Omnisphere successfully, but as soon as you stop playing a note it switches to idle and the sound is forcefully cut off. This sounds quite bad since none of the resonance or trails can be heard. Is there a way to turn this this dynamic active/idle state off? It seems to me that when you select the audio unit to play with, it should simply always be active.

Geert

Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:55:04 +0000 GMT

Hmm it seems that this happens with certain AUs only. It happens with Omnisphere and Bidule for sure. This is strange.

written by: john

Thu, 19 Nov 2009 18:38:39 +0000 GMT

Hi Geert

Several people have reported this problem and we're looking into it. It weird because we've used Omnishpere with EigenD for months without problem here, in live performances, videos etc. But it just goes to show, releasing software into the wild is never safe. We'll keep you posted as to what we find. Have you used the bug reporter? Its really helpful as it sends us a logfile excerpt to help debug the problem..

cheers

John

Thu, 19 Nov 2009 18:40:07 +0000 GMT

Ah, will start using the bug reporter then. I just don't like sending out things without a trace of it :-)

Thu, 19 Nov 2009 18:50:25 +0000 GMT

I know, the bug reporter needs some work at the moment, its rather opaque and doesn't even remember your name between invocations, which is daft. We'll improve it as soon as we can, but in the meantime thanks for using it.

John

Sat, 21 Nov 2009 16:56:09 +0000 GMT

Hi

The Au's should no longer switch off before their time. The parameter an AU gives out for this is called 'tail time' and sadly many of them do not report it correctly. We now keep an eye on the audio out (as of 1.0.4) and only turn the AU off (which saves a lot of CPU if we can do it) when it's gone quiet for a while. There is also an adjustable parameter for this in Belcanto, so we can easily build you a setup with a longer AU host tail time if you have any trouble.

John

Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:33:55 +0000 GMT

Thanks a lot John, it works perfectly now. I love how I'm able to use Omnisphere with the Pico. It's so expressive, at last all those awesome sounds come to life! :-)

Please log in to join the discussions