Forum Archive

Forum

Software: Installation overwrites existing Alchemy version

Most Recent

written by: catoro

Hi AllHailJaysin, welcome to the forum.

Which version of mac os are you running?

You can try this:

Remove everything, install version 1.0.12 complete (you will find it under the stable releases) and update to version 1.0.14.

Removing everything includes not only the application itself, but the contents of the eigenlabs directory under your user/library and also but not mandatory the contents of the usr/pi folder.

I had problems due to a corrupted setup and my eigend was not working, removing and re-installing solved the problem.

cheers.

Carlos

written by: geert

Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:19:40 +0000 GMT

Hi,

I just received my Pico and installed the software. I saw that Alchemy was being installed and wondered if this was properly done. Apparently not, you seem to overwrite an existing Alchemy version with the reduced version that ships with EigenD. You should at least check before doing this.

Best regards,

Geert

written by: aaronw

Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:56:56 +0000 GMT

Hi Geert,

In the new release of EigenD this has been resolved, sorry if this caused you any inconvenience.

In all versions from EigenD v.1.0.2 we make sure there are no installations of Alchemy on your computer and if there are we wont overwrite it.

Sorry again

Aaron
Customer Support

Fri, 20 Nov 2009 21:35:05 +0000 GMT

I´m having issues with this too, I have the original version that came in the USB and when I update it the alchemy doesn´t work anymore... I tried installing the pkg alone from the original version, also to copy the whole folder and when erased to add it again and nothing. I had to uninstall everything and put the version that came in the USB.

by the way... the browser sucks big time guys!!! there is certainly something there that everyone is missing and is an easier way to scroll.

written by: TomSwirly

Fri, 20 Nov 2009 22:03:12 +0000 GMT

Come now... which would you rather, a playable instrument with a less-than-stellar browser or the other way around?

Or would you have wanted to wait until 2010 to see it?

It'll take me long enough to get my technique down on the machine... might as well have it now!

Fri, 20 Nov 2009 22:42:08 +0000 GMT

2010 is in one month.. of course I could have waited a little ;) now seriously I like my eigenharp a lot, its got a lot of potential, but navigation can be enhanced with a different paradigm (e.g using two buttons for navigation and one of them for selection, navigating via taps and not scrolling)

of course if the good guys at eigenlabs open the software this will be a great opportunity to enhance the things ourselves.

Plus I believe that if we can have the chance to use things like Max/MSP this instrument will be unstoppable as we may extend the capabilities of this impressive hardware with independent software developments.
Please don´t get me wrong the eigenharp is so new that these kind of things are in a way to be expected, jut the fact that I mention them doesn´t mean that I love mi pico.
peace..
-c

written by: steveelbows

Sat, 21 Nov 2009 01:28:37 +0000 GMT

Since upgrading to 1.0.3 I get this error:

There were some problems during startup:

Audio Unit "Alchemy" (id "aumuCaC2CamA") not found.

Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:21:32 +0000 GMT

Same error here, seems like the Alchemy Audio Unit is removed when 1.0.3 is installed.

written by: john

Sat, 21 Nov 2009 09:38:15 +0000 GMT

There is a bad bug in the installation code of 1.03 that causes it to delete your currently installed version of Alchemy if you are using the Eigenlabs version. We are working on fixing this (and making it restore deleted versions) right now, and will put the download back online as soon as we have done so. Many apologies for this - it'll be the last time we ever make a release on Friday evening...

John

Sat, 21 Nov 2009 10:38:50 +0000 GMT

Hehe John, doing releases on Friday evening is indeed usually a big no-no ... another one of my favorites is doing one right before the lead developer(s) go on a two week holiday :-D

Sat, 21 Nov 2009 11:59:06 +0000 GMT

Thanks for working on the fix, I hope I didnt contribute to the Friday evening release woes by asking about when 1.0.3 would be out so I could follow the custom scales FAQ instructions. Speaking of which, when you rerelease 1.0.3 you might want to mention that custom scales are now supported in the release notes.

written by: john

Sat, 21 Nov 2009 12:56:40 +0000 GMT

We've just put a new release, 1.0.4, up. It fixes the horrible installer but that overwrote the Eigenlabs Alchemy version. If you have installed 1.0.3 and broken your Alchemy, installing 1.0.4 will fix it. Once again, please accept my apologies for the hassle this may have caused. Unfortunately it's quite a big update as it has to contain the current version of Alchemy.

John

Sat, 21 Nov 2009 13:10:11 +0000 GMT

This is great John!!! thanks for the quick fix!!! you guys rock!!!

Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:06:06 +0000 GMT

Yay, it works :)

written by: AllHailJaysin

Sat, 6 Feb 2010 15:53:18 +0000 GMT

I just got my Pico, installed the included software (1.0.6) and was getting that same error message about Alchemy. I upgraded to 1.0.14 and now I get this:

"There were some problems during startup:

Audio Unit '1754e2880c0d-user 1.preset' (id 'aumuCaC2CamA') not found."

I cannot figure this thing out. Please help.

Sat, 6 Feb 2010 17:25:59 +0000 GMT

Hi AllHailJaysin, welcome to the forum.

Which version of mac os are you running?

You can try this:

Remove everything, install version 1.0.12 complete (you will find it under the stable releases) and update to version 1.0.14.

Removing everything includes not only the application itself, but the contents of the eigenlabs directory under your user/library and also but not mandatory the contents of the usr/pi folder.

I had problems due to a corrupted setup and my eigend was not working, removing and re-installing solved the problem.

cheers.

Carlos

Please log in to join the discussions