Forum Archive

Forum

General Discussion: Problem with navigation keys

Most Recent

written by: aaronw

Hi Shawn and Kayla,

Can you both send bug reports please? The software guys will have a look and get back to you.

Cheers

Aaron
Customer Services

written by: lepouce

Mon, 16 Nov 2009 23:04:04 +0000 GMT

Hi, is anyone having problems with their navigation keys? I am trying to change drum loops and when I press the navigation keys, either nothing happens or it jumps all over the place erratically. When I tap lightly it works for choosing but no matter how hard or soft I press up or down I cannot scroll down the list.

After managing to load up the wrong loop (because I couldn't choose the right one) I tried to get out of the control panel into play mode and my Pico turned off. The software didn't crash.

Did I somehow turn off the instrument?

written by: steveelbows

Mon, 16 Nov 2009 23:10:47 +0000 GMT

I had a bad time with the scroll keys and instead use the mouse to navigate the browser, especially when the list is long.

I think I had also had a crash when I was changing loops, or shortly thereafter, with symptoms the same as you describe - the software didnt give any errors or quit, but my cpu use went high and the pico itself stopped responding. Quitting EigenD and restarting it brought the pico back to life.

written by: philip (Moderator)

Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:34:35 +0000 GMT

Hi Guys

Thanks for rasing this issue. We will have a look at this with our software team and also maybe give you a call direct if that's ok with you guys?

Many thanks

Philip
Eigenlabs Support team

written by: scrussey

Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:37:19 +0000 GMT

I have had the same problems too and have been using my mouse to navigate

written by: steveelbows

Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:30:47 +0000 GMT

Thanks for the response. Im having nightmares at work this week so probably no point trying to call me till at least Thursday.

written by: lepouce

Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:43:06 +0000 GMT

You can call me anytime. I am very interested in helping Eigenlab get it right especially before Namm which will be a crucial market for you. My current feeling is that you have done an outstanding job on designing the instrument but you have big flaws in the manual, the presentation videos and the GUI. If I can be of help let me know. I will keep playing with the Pico and get back to you if I encounter new problems.

written by: john

Sat, 21 Nov 2009 16:27:38 +0000 GMT

You should find that the scroll keys work a lot better in the 1.0.4 software release onwards. We did a lot of work on their behaviour (which was not nice in 1.0, you are quite correct) for this release. Please let us have your thoughts when you've tried it.

John

written by: SteveBoker

Sat, 28 Nov 2009 18:22:25 +0000 GMT

I've downloaded 1.0.4 and I continue to be unable to use the Pico scroll keys in the Browser. The mouse works fine. This is for all modes that use the browser (e.g., drum loops, tunings, etc.). The scroll keys do not seem to be active at all for me. I'm using OS-X 10.6.2 and the latest 1.0.4 version of the software.

Otherwise, I'm having lots of fun!

written by: john

Sun, 29 Nov 2009 11:45:16 +0000 GMT

Hi Steve

You really shouldn't be having that problem, it sounds like something is wrong. Could you give us a call here (+44 (0) 1392 823000 - 9am -> 8pm Mon to Fri, London time ask to speak to Aaron), or can we call you (let us know your number and when would be convenient)? We'd like to get that fixed for you as soon as possible..

John

written by: spawnmc

Sat, 5 Dec 2009 04:20:39 +0000 GMT

It seems I may have a related problem:

I am running into an issue where in I change the scale, root note or try to change the drum loop with the bottom (my left) button. Whenever I make a change (or try to make a change in the case of the drum loop) the keys either stop responding or respond intermittently and evenutally fail to respond at all...

Changing the instrument sound doesn't seem to help and I eventually have to restart EigenD altogether.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong or if there is some sort of software problem I am running into?

Thanks,

Shawn

written by: KaylaK

Mon, 7 Dec 2009 00:56:02 +0000 GMT

Hi guys,

I'm having the same problem in any version I'm running (1.0.2 through to 1.0.6)

Kayla

written by: aaronw

Mon, 7 Dec 2009 15:13:36 +0000 GMT

Hi Shawn and Kayla,

Can you both send bug reports please? The software guys will have a look and get back to you.

Cheers

Aaron
Customer Services

Please log in to join the discussions