Forum

Help: PSU-EM

Most Recent

written by: Tenebrous

*wave* thanks for remembering me ;)

Fingers crossed!

written by: Vania

Sat, 8 Jan 2011 10:16:02 +0000 GMT

I have a problem to connect with my Tau. It looks like the install is not working correctly. When I plug in the Base Station it is not recognized by windows. Although when I installed separately the device drivers which I found in the software section and the installation proceeds correctly, the device is still not recognized by windows. Manually trying to install the driver in the device manger by providing the path at hardware also doesn't help.
Where can I find the drivers for PSU-EM? I got the instrument yesterday and still I cannot see if it is working.

written by: ZaPPZion

Sat, 8 Jan 2011 10:42:01 +0000 GMT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there is no windows release for the Tau and Alpha yet. It's Mac OS X only at the moment. Only the Pico can be connected to windows.

written by: Vania

Sat, 8 Jan 2011 17:38:38 +0000 GMT

So you mean the instrument will not work? I got the Tau and together was a stick, which is corrupted and it won't work. They said they are going to send a DVD in order for the instrument to work. I thought that by downloading the software from the support section it will work. Apparently no. But if I don't have a mac, I can't play the instrument?!

written by: mikemilton

Sat, 8 Jan 2011 17:58:10 +0000 GMT

The software you can download is, AFAIK, the same as what is on the stick.

From the release notes for the most recent (unstable) release.
"3 – Bugs and known issues in this release
- Alpha and Tau are not supported under Windows."

Also, see this link: http://www.eigenlabs.com/software/
which is found in the system requirements of the TAU product page

m

written by: keyman

Sat, 8 Jan 2011 18:33:07 +0000 GMT

As we are approaching Winter NAMM let's hope for some good news/surprises (WIN7 for the ALPHA and TAU....for Vania!!)

keyman

written by: mikemilton

Sat, 8 Jan 2011 19:11:10 +0000 GMT

... and Tene with the Alpha in waiting

written by: Tenebrous

Sun, 9 Jan 2011 09:53:20 +0000 GMT

*wave* thanks for remembering me ;)

Fingers crossed!

Please log in to join the discussions